Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

I do yoga...

Daily.

Twice.

And I LOVE it.

Hello, my name is Niki and I'm a yoga-holic.

I never thought I'd love working out as much as I have the past 3 and a half weeks. Yeah, its just yoga. But its YOGA! It may not look like much more than stretching, but IT IS so much more than that. Its breathing, it toning, it concentrating and centering. I'm more centered than I've ever been, my back pain is the least amount I've had in years (finally this week) and like I said in my previous post, I've lost 5 inches. AND!! Today, I got my first in person comment about how I look as though I've slimmed up. From my boss. Who is male. Holy crap y'all! I'm stoked!

I started with a video that my sister got for free with her yoga mat that she just HAD to have to tan on in the back yard, of course. She brought it, I did it for a week, I decided I liked it, then I fizzled out.

Then, my honey and I decided to have a contest on who could lose the most weight while he's away for his new job training. I took off running, as did he. He lost 3# his first week, I gained 2#. WTF? I took a weekend off from my calorie counting, but kept with the yoga. Then back on track on Monday with calories again. I lost a couple pounds, but not like I was hoping. But last week, after being discouraged about the numbers on the scale, I decided to check my numbers on the tape. 5" last week. Its wonderful.

Yoga is my friend. And I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment