Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Sugar...


So it’s been a busy couple of weeks… and I fallen off my “get healthy” kick. :-/

First up… Halloween. I don’t have a damn picture of my boys dressed up. I don’t know what I was thinking, other than apparently I wasn’t. They went to Trunk or Treat at the church with my grandparents. They had a good time, brought home loads of candy and toys and ate hot dogs galore. I stayed home and handed out candy for the first time ever. Our first Halloween in our first home.

Second, Ayden’s birthday celebrations. We started on Sunday they 3rd with a joint party for him and my cousins 18th Birthday. Good food, good company and a good time had by all.  

Then of course he had to have cupcakes ON his birthday at school

and El Celaya for dinner that night.  Friday night I let him have a sleepover. It’s a general good rule of thumb that only 50% of people you invite to events show up.  So, I let him invite all 9 boys in his class.  All. But. ONE. Showed up. Seriously. 

Two cars to get everyone to the house, 6 pizzas, 3 Gallons of Kool-Aid, 4 bags of Popcorn (and a popcorn fight), 5 Movies, 12 biscuits, and two packages of Bacon and sausage later, I’m still alive! Most of the boys are to!

Saturday was cleanup and party prep time for his actual birthday party that counted. I proceeded to make the cookie dough that I forgot needed to sit over night, and 6 hours later, still had to add about 4 cups of flour to it to make cookies that, well, looked like cookies.
 

 My little brother and sister went to pick up the cake I had ordered a couple of weeks back.  O.M.G. I've never seen such an ugly cake as I have this one.  It was so bad that I was in tears... Don't believe me? Look!

Yeah, that's NOT what it's supposed to look like.  And because I'm trying to move past that whole meltdown... I'm not even gonna go into the story.  I'll just say that my cousin Tanya saved the day, last minute, and done an amazing job.  I don't know what I'd do without her... SERIOUSLY!

After the party was all over with, I had help with cleanup, and we crashed. Crashed hard.  Like, i didn't even want to make my boys take a shower cause it would mean I'd have to move to tell them that. lol Anyway, it's all over now.  Thank goodness... And I don't have any more (planned) partying to do until April when we start all over with Remington's birthday. 

However, in all of the middle of this, we got some bad news.  My honey lost his job.  It wasn't even over anything that made sense, but it's happened, and we're working on accepting it.  I hate that it happened right here in the middle of Ayden's birthday week, and right as the holidays are coming. We also had a trip planned to Branson that we won't be able to take now either. It was stupid.  And I hate it so much for him.  We were just getting on our feet after him moving in, and he was ahead on his bills (thankfully), and he LOVED that job. :( Finally off for the two major holidays, and now... nothing. He'll find something else soon.  And in the mean time, we're working on figuring out how to tell everyone. We decided to wait until after the birthday celebrations, as we didn't want that overshadowing Ayden's big days, not to mention, it's easier to tell one person at a time, than to be bombarded with everyone all at once. 

Keep us in your thoughts as we look for him another job and as I try to get back on the bandwagon... 

No comments:

Post a Comment