Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Years, New Me

Yes, I know.  It gets said every year. By almost every one. But this year, it's going to be true for me.
This year, I am determined to be a better me.  A better mommy.  A better girlfriend. A healthier me.
I'm starting the year with goals, but figuring out those goals is one of the hardest things I've done.  Do I set time lines with those goals, or just a general "by the end of the year"? What is considered a "Goal?" Is it worth it to put down?
Here are some of the things I would like to accomplish this next year: (in no specific order)

Be healthy:

I already quit smoking about 6 weeks ago, so I want to include continuing to be smoke free.
Reach a goal weight of 195 by my birthday, July 26. That's about 30 pounds in 7 months.
Reach a Goal weight of 175 by the end of the year.  That's 50! pounds in twelve months. A pound a week...
Meal Plan & Food Prep (because failure to plan, is a plan to fail)
Eat Clean 5 Times a week.  No everyday, but most.
Do Yoga 5 times a week.  I don't care what day it is, or how many times I do it a day, I just want to do it.

Improve my every day life:

Sit to eat my meals. Dinner at least. You seriously have no idea how much more relaxing it is to SIT while eating.
Write down my good things.  Things happen every day that you think you'll remember. I don't.  I have a terrible memory! I want to write them, so that I can reflect on them, when I need a reminder.
Send Birthday Cards.  I know that may sound petty, but I have a friend who ALWAYS sends me a card.  For Mothers day, for Christmas, for my Birthday. I never send cards, but know I should.
Count to 10... I have a TERRIBLE habit of flying off the handle.  Of not having patience. I need to learn patience, and counting to 10 will help.

Long Term Changes:

Pay off my credit cards... cause, uh, duh.
Read 12 books this year.  That's one a month, and I hate to read.  Surely, I can get 12 in this year. Right? Suggestions?
HUNT with my bow.  I always hunt, but I normally use a gun.  My honey bought me a bow last year and I haven't gotten to hunt with it yet. Let alone shoot it this year.  I WILL hunt with it next deer season.


I've currently signed up for the Resolution Revolution with Jess over here...

Hopefully she's got some good stuff worked out for us and we'll get our fitness on after the first! It looks like it's going to be full of advice, support and accountability.  Accountability is a big thing for me.  If I don't feel like someone is paying attention, neither am I! lol  I can't wait for this to get going and to get my member shirt in the mail! Thanks so much for the group Jess! I'm looking forward to starting my year off right.

I've also been checking out the post here with Holly. For the month of January, her friends Melanie, Jenn, Kimmy, and her are hosting a Jillian Michael's challenge for Instagram only. To help them kick off the new year and the beer-bloat, they are doing the "Jillian in January Challenge." All you have to do to join is pick your favorite Jillian DVD. She likes her DVD's because they are only about $9 a Target and they are short enough to do before/after work and actually provide results. You can check out her Shred results HERE.

Thinking about it, but it would mean that I would have to invest in a Jillian DVD, and I've heard she's pretty hard core... awe Hell... It's worth it.  Lets throw this in the mix for 30 days and see just how awesome that 30 day Shred really is.  Looks like Target has it on sale right now for $6.99! WHOOT! (I have Amazon Prime, so I ordered from there to save on shipping!)

What are your goals and how do you plan on achieving them? How do you set your goals?

Hope everyone has a safe and happy new year! I'll be taking my friend Suzan out for her birthday with a great group of ladies, then heading back home to ring in the new year with my Honey for the first time in 3 years.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment