Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Weigh In Wednesday- 2014!!

It's that time of week again, and while I know it's actually Thursday, I'm weighing in.
*Dang Holidays*
Today starts a new year for me and I'm ready to make a change for the good.  Here's what I'm doing:

I've started back on my Zeal for Life regiment starting today. Wild Berry Zeal Wellness first thing of a morning for my vitamins and energy (better than coffee!) Then a protein shake made of the Zeal Vanilla Protein Powder, a 1/4 cup frozen blueberries, 1/4 frozen strawberries, 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup unsweetened Almond Milk and some ice. YUMMY! This concoction )along with the morning Wellness drink) give me about 330 calories to start the day.
They also have a supplement called "Burn". It says it a "blend of thermogenic fat burners, a natural carb blocker and appetite suppressant. Taken before each meal these powerful ingredients will accelerate your metabolism to burn more calories, reduce your hunger and block the absorption of the carbohydrates that you do eat... " Now, I'm not condoning the use of "supplements" but the rest of the program is very healthy... Wellness is JUST vitamins and minerals that you need, Protein Powder is all natural and stuff that everyone is doing to assist in their healthy lifestyles.  I personally love the program and am excited to get back on it.

I've also signed up for the Resolution Revolution with Jess over at The Girl Who Thought Too Much.

It's a great group of ladies that all want to be healthier for themselves and have an awesome list of goals.  We've got a Facebook group to ask questions, set goals and to make ourselves accountable. She's sending us member shirts, some samples and some great info throughout the month of January. We've already gotten our first motivation email with workouts and recipes, and she's a great inspiration through her own testimony.  You can check out her weight loss journey HERE.

I'm also doing the Jillian Michaels DVD Challenge with several wonderful blogging/IG ladies.  Its 30 days of Jillian (Eek!) on IG and a prize of $150.00 is up for grabs to the favorite loser! It starts today and runs through Feb 2nd and I'm determined to at least DO the challenge.  Winning would be a plus, but its about principal.  Check out the blogs or IG for Holly, Jennifer, Kim, or Melanie for more info if you're interested. Workouts start tonight, and I've purchased the 30 Day Shred and her Yoga Video to help me. I'll also probably do some of my other Yoga video as well, mostly because I love yoga and I figure I'll hate Jillian's yoga. lol My user name on IG is NickoleM123 if you wanna be friends and do the challenge together... Come keep up with me!
I did a shit ton of food prep for the week last night.  Baked Chicken, steamed green beans, steamed carrots, steamed broccoli, and brown rice.



10 meals, all around 175-250 calories. I'm putting my daily caloric intake around 1500, as recommended by my LoseIt App that I have on my phone. I love this app for keeping up with everything from food to exercise. NickoleM123 is my user name on there... Friend me! You input your weight, goal weight, height and age and it calculates your calories based on how you want to lose the weight.  2# per week being the maximum, because that is a healthy rate to lose it. I love looking into my fridge and seeing these meals all tucked away. I also boiled some eggs, and got fresh veggies cleaned and cut for snacks as well.

I'm telling y'all it's a new year and a new me. :) Here's to 2014 and everyone achieving their goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment